Chapel of Thanksgiving

This past weekend we spent the day in downtown Dallas as tourists, one of the places we visited was  Thanks-Giving Square.

Chapel of  Thanksgiving

The curving shell of white marble aggregate symbolizes the ancient "spiral of life." This shape suggests the infinite upward reach of the human spirit.



The Glory Window

The Glory Window, which forms the 60-foot-high ceiling of the Chapel of Thanksgiving, is one of the largest horizontally mounted stained-glass pieces in the world. Designed by French artist Gabriel Loire, the window symbolizes the blessing of the Divine descending to earth as well as the ascent of human praise and gratitude to God.

6 comments:

dalia66 said...

that is so cool!!

plainmama said...

Interesting architectural shots!

thedailyclick said...

That window is soo COOL! (I saw D's shot on flickr - amazing!!!)
I've never seen that place when we were downtown Dallas.

doreen3boys said...

what an interesting place! Love the stain glass!

Mom said...

How beautiful!!! The spiral windows look like steps to God.
Great shot Amber!

Beyond Bluestockings said...

The stained glass is magnificent. I would love to see it in situ.

Post a Comment