To say this is my favorite picture is truly an understatement. I love it for all the obvious reasons, the sky, the reflections in the water, the couple watching the sunset who had no idea they were being photographed. But I also love it because it's a reminder of someone who's very dear to me, my grandmother. After she passed away in later summer 2007, I was devastated and it was that grief and devastation that lead me to explore my passion for photography. Whenever I would pick up my camera, I felt at peace and I still do. I took this photo shortly after she passed away, and it's a cherished reminder of how much she touched my life and continues to do so even in death.
Over a year later and my photography has led me to new opportunities and wonderful new friends. I call this serendipity- the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely.








3 comments:
WOW!!!!!
If you haven't already, you need to frame it and hang it in your house. And go BIG!
Was this at The Harbor?
Thank you, Michaela! Yes this was at the harbor. How did you know? LOL
I don't know... it was pretty much a guess ;-) It did look vaguely familiar, though. I've only been there once.
Post a Comment